The Digital Media Coordinator will manage social media channels for New City Church and its ministries and maintain content on the website and church app. The role will gather and create content as well as post. This is a part-time 25 hours per week position. The position will start after September 1.
Digital Media Coordination
- Manage calendar for, strategize, create content for, post, and moderate New City social media channels.
- Manage content for multiple websites, curate photos, write clear, compelling copy, adhere to brand and style guides.
- Manage mobile app.
- Create and update service media on a weekly basis, including designing announcement slides, preparing ProPresenter bundles for weekend services, etc.
- Communicate with New City attendees to gather and write stories about how people are finding and following Jesus because of New City’s ministry.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions, bringing fresh ideas and a “can-do” attitude.
- Write, proofread, and edit church wide or departmental emails and print pieces as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Candidate Qualities:
The ideal candidate is a mature, discerning digital native with the ability to plan strategically and pay attention to detail who has a willingness to learn and a drive for excellence.
- Familiarity with social media, design, and productivity platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, Office365, Asana (or other project management software), WordPress, Squarespace, ProPresenter, Canva, and Adobe Creative Cloud (especially graphic design applications).
- Self-motivated and diligent. Able to accomplish tasks, balance multiple responsibilities, and meet strict deadlines.
- Experienced in working with strict style and brand guidelines.
- Flexible and capable of modifying a plan when new situations or information arises.
- Personally engaging, able to build relationships with ministry area leaders and interact with New City servant leaders to gather stories and content ideas.
- Customer-service minded with a desire to learn and improve processes.