The purpose of this position is to provide excellent and loving childcare for groups, events and programs at New City with the exception of Sunday morning. We want to ensure the safety, security, and supervision of children at all times during events or programs.
- Mature relationship with Christ and a reputation for godly character, including being a good role model as a spouse and parent (if applicable).
- Track record of faithful service and a heart for children
- Present yourself as a professional, responsible and appropriate adult role model for children in our care.
- Have knowledge and understanding of New City’s mission and represent it to all church personnel, parents and children.
- Build loving, trusting relationships with children in your care as well as their parent(s).
- Support the vision and values of New City NextGen Kids.
- Responsible to supervise children at all times to ensure their safety, security and well-being.
- Know the emergency procedures and be ready to implement them.
- Be a team player with co-workers and NCC staff.
- Prepare for each childcare event per Director's instructions; prepare classroom to receive children in a safe, warm environment.
- Communicate with co-workers to ensure that children are supervised at all times and that the event schedule is followed.
- Ensure all children have been accurately checked-in and all possessions are labeled accordingly. Ensure that all children are checked out according to procedures.
- Verify any children with severe allergies have their name tag properly labeled and all co-workers informed: if child provides their own food, properly store and label.
- Follow classroom cleaning procedures after children have checked out.
- Communicate with parents in a polite and professional manner; allow Director to handle any concerns about children with their parent.
- Know your schedule and arrive for work on time.